Master the Business of Where
The University of Redlands' online MBA with a concentration in location analytics equips students with the skills to unlock the potential of spatial data, solve real-world problems, and gain a competitive advantage in today’s business world. Did you know:
- 90% of business services companies consider location intelligence important to their success, according to Harvard Business Review.
- The geographic information systems (GIS)/location analytics industry is expected to double by 2023, becoming a $10 billion industry.
- Executives in research and development, sales and marketing fields place the highest importance on location intelligence, according to Forbes.
A concentration in location analytics combines advanced business competencies with focused use of location analytics concepts and techniques. Graduates are prepared to use the power of location intelligence to lead 21st century businesses and organizations by mastering the skills to:
- Incorporate location analytics into different areas of business, including marketing, operations, sales, information systems, finance and human resources.
- Identify the role location analytics can play in different business sectors for competitive advantage on a local, regional, national and global scale.
- Employ location intelligence to strengthen critical thinking and empower managers and leaders to make more effective decisions.
A Cutting-Edge, University-Industry Partnership
The University of Redlands has established the Spatial Business Initiative with Esri, the leading GIS company. This unique partnership creates unparalleled access to insights and spatial business developments no other online MBA program in the world offers, including:
- Career connections — Esri has hired generations of University of Redlands MBA graduates in a variety of marketing, sales, operations, product development, and research capacities.
- Case studies — The Spatial Business Initiative produces case studies that illustrate innovative, cutting-edge applications of location analytics in business. Students gain first-hand exposure to these industry-defining cases that illustrate the role of GIS in myriad business functions across different industries.
- Real-world expertise — The Spatial Business Initiative sponsors renowned executives and academics who will help guide and execute initiative elements.
- Spatial leadership — The University of Redlands has also established the Center for Spatial Business that supports spatial business research, scholarship, and curricular innovation, as well as the Center for Spatial Studies that aims to integrate spatial thinking and technologies across the university.
Online MBA in Location Analytics Career Outcomes
The online MBA with a concentration in location analytics delivers in-demand 21st century business skills. Our graduates are prepared to combine advanced business knowledge and competencies with a practical understanding of location intelligence and analytics.
- Graduates join an expansive professional network of more than 30,000 alumni that has evolved over the School of Business’s 40 year history.
- In addition to Esri, alumni work in top organizations such as Apple, Disney, and United Technologies Corporation.
- 24% of University of Redlands MBA graduates earn more than $100,000 upon graduation.
Online MBA in Location Analytics Curriculum
Below is a sample list of courses you will take while enrolled in the online MBA program. For the full list, admissions requirements, and more, please fill out the form and download a comprehensive program brochure.