Master the Business of Where: Location Analytics MBA Program
The geographic information systems (GIS)/location analytics industry is expected to double by 2023, becoming a $10 billion industry. The University of Redlands' online MBA with a concentration in Location Analytics equips students with the skills to unlock the potential of spatial data, solve real-world problems, and gain competitive advantage in today’s business world. Redlands graduates are prepared to use the power of location intelligence to improve decision-making, organizational performance, and business development.
MBA in Location Analytics Fast Facts
- The online MBA with a concentration in Location Analytics is 100% online.
- The program can be completed in 24 months or less, depending on previous education.
- The online MBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Students are assigned a Student Success Advisor, a main point of contact from program entry through graduation.
- No GRE/GMAT required.
90% of business services companies consider location intelligence important to their success, according to Harvard Business Review.
The University of Redlands online MBA with a concentration in Location Analytics combines advanced business competencies with focused use of location analytics concepts and techniques. Graduates are prepared to use the power of location intelligence to lead 21st century businesses and organizations by mastering the skills to:
- Incorporate location analytics into different areas of business, including marketing, operations, sales, information systems, finance, and human resources.
- Identify the role location analytics can play in different business sectors for competitive advantage on a local, regional, national, and global scale.
- Employ location intelligence to strengthen critical thinking and empower managers and leaders to make more effective decisions.
A Cutting-Edge University-Industry Partnership
The University of Redlands has established the Spatial Business Initiative with Esri, the leading GIS company. This unique partnership creates unparalleled access to insights and spatial business developments that no other online MBA program in the world offers, including:
- Career connections — Esri has hired generations of University of Redlands MBA graduates in a variety of marketing, sales, operations, product development, and research capacities.
- Case studies — The Spatial Business Initiative produces case studies that illustrate innovative, cutting-edge applications of location analytics in business. Students gain first-hand exposure to these industry-defining cases that illustrate the role of GIS in myriad business functions across different industries.
- Real-world expertise — The Spatial Business Initiative sponsors renowned executives and academics who will help guide and execute initiative elements.
- Spatial leadership — The University of Redlands has also established the Center for Spatial Business, which supports spatial business research, scholarship, and curricular innovation, as well as the Center for Spatial Studies, which aims to integrate spatial thinking and technologies across the University.
Online MBA in Location Analytics Career Outcomes
The online MBA with a concentration in Location Analytics delivers in-demand skills. Our graduates are prepared to combine advanced business knowledge and competencies with a practical understanding of location intelligence and analytics.
- Graduates join an expansive professional network of more than 30,000 alumni that has evolved over the School of Business’s 40 year history.
- In addition to Esri, alumni work in top organizations, such as Apple, Disney, and United Technologies Corporation.
- 24% of University of Redlands MBA graduates earn more than $100,000 upon graduation.
- 87% of University of Redlands MBA graduates expect career advancement within five years.
Online MBA in Location Analytics Curriculum
Below are select courses students will take while enrolled in the program. For a full list of courses, download our free program guide.GISB 691 Introduction to Location Analytics and Marketing
Students are introduced to the fundamentals of location analytics, including location value and spatial maturity and growth across business functions. Moving from fundamentals, the course focuses on the domain of marketing with focus on marketing applications of GIS and location analytics to enhance customer value by understanding, examining, and predicting the needs and preferences of the modern customer. Topics include environmental scanning, market segmentation, target marketing and promotions, and development of an integrated marketing plan using GIS as an analytic tool.GISB 692 Spatial Analysis of Global Business*
GISB 692 offers an analysis of location value and value chains as they relate to contemporary business operations, modern production networks, and supply chains in a complex, global environment. Emphasis is on employing GIS for spatial analysis of country characteristics to gain important insights to global production and sales decisions, as businesses increasingly focus on international markets. Topics include GIS analysis of international trade and foreign direct investments, spatial assessment of global industry sectors, management of global supply chains and logistics using GIS, spatial analysis of global human resources, and financial forces influencing international business.
* May be substituted by: INTB-670 International Area Studies (Study Abroad)GISB 694 Location Analytics and Decision-Making
This course focuses on decision-making spanning various stages of the location value chain in businesses employing GIS and location analytics. Emphasis is on illustrations of the process by which GIS and location analytics projects and business applications are planned, developed, and implemented. Topics include location analytics and spatial enablement in the enterprise, spatial decision support, location analytics to examine big data, social media, internet of things, mobile technologies and their spatial components, and costs, benefits, risks, and ethical implications of spatial projects and applications.GISB 695 Managing and Leading the Contemporary Spatial Business
GISB 695 is the culmination of the location analytics concentration, with a focus on management and leadership aspects of the contemporary spatial business enterprise. Emphasis is on application of management principles for spatial transformation and development, and prototyping of spatial strategies for competitive advantage spanning the organizational value chain. Topics include needs assessment for GIS strategy implementation, location analytics strategy, cost-benefit analysis and return on investment of spatial investments, and championing and leading a 21st century spatially infused workforce.