MBA in Finance Fast Facts
- Program completion in as few as 24 months or less, depending on previous education experience
- Eight-week terms
- Six start dates per year
- Transfer up to two courses
- Cost per credit hour — $830
- 12 credits — Foundational Business Knowledge, 16 credits — General Business Knowledge, 16 credits — Emphasis, 4 credits — Capstone
Finance MBA from University of Redlands
The University of Redlands Online Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides students with the business fundamentals needed to succeed in an ever-changing, technology-based world. The program is open to students regardless of their business experience.
Online MBA students who choose an emphasis in finance will develop a comprehensive insight into financial markets by analyzing the rationale behind the financial actions taken within organizations. Students can substitute core MBA courses with offerings that focus on:
- Operational strategies of financial markets and intermediaries
- The relationship between risk and diversification
- Corporate approaches to global financial markets
- The impact of financial decision-making on corporate actions and success
To enter the online Finance MBA program, individuals must:
- Complete the application form, including essays
- Provide official transcripts reflecting their undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Provide a current resume
- Supply other information to support an application, such as GMAT or other test scores, life and work experiences, interviews, and letters of recommendation
International Students must provide:
- Coursework evaluation by the International Education Research Foundation (IERF) or WES; you must request an official “detail report”
- Certificate of finances
- Scan of passport
- TOEFL scores
- Please note that University of Redlands does not provide Form I-20s
The Finance MBA program is $830 per credit hour. Depending on whether you are a student with an undergraduate degree in business or a student with an undergraduate degree in another field, the program tuition will be $29,880 for the 36-credit program and $39,840 for the 48-credit program.
To learn more about financing your postgraduate degree at Redlands, visit our Financial Aid page.
FINC 661W Financial Markets and Institutions (4 credits)
The course analyzes the role of money/capital markets and financial institutions in the allocation of capital in the economy. Depository and nondepository financial institutions are examined with special attention given to the evolution and regulation of such institutions.BUAD 660 Managerial Finance (4 credits)
BUAD 660 provides an overview of the financial management tools used in analyzing and developing strategies for making business decisions. Topics include time value of money, bond and stock valuation, risk and return, capital budgeting, capital structure and dividend policy, working capital management, and the application of each in corporate finance.INTB 693W Global Finance (4 credits)
INTB 693W explores the study and application of finance in the global arena. The course focuses on how financial strategies, risk, tools, investments, theories, and institutions work in a global context. INTB 693W may be substituted with INTB 670 International Area Studies (Study Abroad).FINC 662W Investment Theory and Analysis (4 credits)
Students will examine the theoretical frameworks for investments and portfolio analysis, the development of investment objectives, and the evaluation of risk-return tradeoff leading up to optimal portfolio selection and management.