Consider California Companies for Your Career
Dreaming of endless sunny days, palm trees, and the ocean? Search for your next career in California. California offers MBA graduates one of the most diverse employment pools in the nation. According to Newsweek, California is the largest state economy in the country. Its businesses employ more than 18 million workers. While California’s large workforce spans a variety of industries, we’ve identified three well-known businesses where an MBA graduate may choose to pursue a career.
PayPal, a global leader in e-commerce, is located in San Jose, Calif. It offers an e-commerce platform that allows businesses and individual users to request and receive payment directly for goods and services. Founded in 1998, PayPal’s platform is now available in more than 100 global markets and handles transactions in more than 200 currencies.
PayPal also employs more than 18,000 employees. Those in California may work in one of three locations: San Jose, San Francisco, and Alameda. Depending on the terms of employment, PayPal employees may work remotely as well. As a global e-commerce company, PayPal is made up of a number of departments that include software development, marketing, compliance, and more.
Google is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. Founded in 1998, it employs more than 73,900 people. Known for its powerful search engine, Google comprises business initiatives and emerging platforms such as cloud computing, innovative software, and virtual reality hardware. Roles include work in sales, marketing, strategy, people operations (human resources), facilities, legal, and finance departments.
Aside from Mountain View, Google has offices in the Golden State within Irvine, Los Angeles, Playa Vista, San Francisco, and Sunnyvale.
Deloitte is a global professional services company founded in 1845. Although the company is incorporated in the United Kingdom, Deloitte has multiple locations throughout California including Costa Mesa, Fresno, Los Angeles, Pleasanton, Sacramento, San Diego, and more. Deloitte’s primary services include consulting services, financial advice, and tax services. Deloitte’s primary departments are audit and assurance, consulting, risk and financial advisory, tax, and internal services.
Deloitte, Google, and PayPal are diverse corporations that diverge into different business sectors––and these companies offer just a snapshot of the major businesses and career potential in the California job market.
Whether you want to work for a large corporation or a smaller business, consider University of Redlands’ MBA program. Designed for working professionals, the program specifically focuses on helping its students:
- Gain functional business knowledge
- Master communication in leadership and teamwork situations
- Analyze business problems from different perspectives
- Pursue the ethical framework of business decisions
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and pursue your dream job, choose the University of Redlands. Learn more here.
- Perry, Mark J. (11, June 16). “Economic Output: If States Were Countries, California Would Be France.” From the Newsweek website at http://www.newsweek.com/economic-output-if-states-were-countries-california-would-be-france-467614
- (2017). “Gross Domestic Product.” From State of California Department of Finance website at http://www.dof.ca.gov/Forecasting/Economics/Indicators/Gross_State_Product/
- (2017). “Jobs by category.” From PayPal website at https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/jobs/jobs-by-category
- (2017). “Business Jobs” From Google website at https://careers.google.com/students/business-jobs/
- (2017). “Deloitte.” From Deloitte website at https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en.html