No, the University of Redlands Online MBA program is for individuals from all academic disciplines. Foundational business courses and general knowledge courses are built into the curriculum, giving you the essential tools you need to successfully complete the MBA.
Your tuition may be affected by the number of transfer credits you may have. The cost per credit hour for the MBA is $847. The cost per credit hour for the online MALT program is $715. More than 94 percent of University of Redlands students receive financial aid. Learn more.
To enter the online MALT program with an Education Specialist Credential, individuals must provide:
- Completed online application
- Verification of passing CBEST
- One (1) official transcript issued by the registrar of a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Evidence of negative TB test result within the last two years
- Evidence of Certificate of Clearance issued by CCTC
- Evidence of subject matter competency. Completion of waiver program or passage of CSET. May show evidence of registration for the exam for application purposes, but will need to pass exam before student teaching
- Evidence of 50 hours of observation or work with children, preferably in a public school setting or equivalent
- Completion of Child Development or Human Growth and Development course, CLEP exam, workshop or equivalent (workshops available through the university)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty or professionals who know your work
- Admission decisions are made by the Departmental Admissions Committee
- Proof of Certificate of Clearance (Livescan)
Student Teaching Requirements
To advance to student teaching, students must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must demonstrate the required program competencies, including all coursework with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA (no individual course can be below a 2.0). Interns must have earned a 3.0 in each teacher credential course
- Successful completion of the first two Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA) tasks and passing grade (CR) in MALT 600A and MALT 600B
- Interns only: Completed internship application to Fieldwork Office by the designated deadline
- Successful completion of the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET)
- Evidence of negative TB test result
No, the degree you receive from an online postgraduate program is the same as an on-campus postgraduate degree.