Redlands Main Campus
Hentschke Hall 103
- Development of accounting education programs.
- Incorporating appreciative inquiry techniques into the audit process.
- Ethics in the accounting and auditing profession.
- Regulatory compliance and corporate governance.
Description of Research
- Coauthor "Financial Statement Analysis: Content and Context."
- Coauthor "Accounting: The Language of Business."
- Coauthor "Finance and Accounting: The Dollars and Sense of Business.
- Coauthor "Accounting for Managers."
Courses Taught at Redlands
- Accounting for Managers
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Accounting Information Systems
- Financial Reporting Theory I
- Financial Reporting Theory II
- International Area Studies
Previous Teaching Experience
- Adjunct Professor of Accounting, Chaffey College 1995 - 2008
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Vice President, Financial Audit and Tax Officer at a large financial institution.
- Senior Manager for a regional CPA firm, supervising financial services, manufacturing, not-for-profit and governmental engagements.
- Manager for KPMG, LLP, a "Big-4" international CPA firm.
- Chief Financial Officer/Corporate Controller for a public electronics company.
- Speaker of the Year 2006, American Payroll Association (San Gabriel Valley)
Significant Presentations and Panels
- Presenter – American Accounting Association Western Region Meeting (2013). Topic: The Accounting Capstone: Professionals as Effective Professors.
- Presenter – Southern California Accounting Research Forum (2013). Topic: The Accounting Capstone: Professionals as Effective Professors.
- Presenter – Western Association of Management Conference (2012). Topic: Increasing Management Bandwidth through Short-Term International Travel Courses.
- Presenter, Institute of Internal Auditors' Risk Assessment Seminar (2009), "Risk Assessment Basics"
- Presenter, American Payroll Association's Southern California Conference (2006), "The Human Resources Department Tries on a New Pair of SOX"
- Featured Presenter, Vavrinek, Trine, Day and Co., LLP (2005), "Implementing the Sarbanes-Oxley Act in a Financial Services Environment"
- Presenter, AuditWorld 2008, "Building a More Effective Internal Audit Department"
- Guest Speaker, SOX Television 2008, "Appreciative Auditing"
- Moderator, Institute of Internal Auditors' Chief Audit Executive Roundtable (2008), "Internal Audit Challenges for the Inland Empire in 2008"
- Guest Speaker, Cal Poly Pomona (2006), "Everything You've Ever Wanted to Know About SOX, But Were Afraid to Ask"
- Guest Speaker, Claremont McKenna College (2005), "SOX and the Internal Audit Department"
- Guest Speaker, DeVry University (2005), "The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002"
- Certified Public Accountant, State of California
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Audit Committee Chairman, Institute of Internal Auditors (Inland Empire Chapter 2008)