The University of Redlands is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The School of Business is also a candidate for accreditation with the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
The University of Redlands has been recognized for a number of qualities:
- Named "One of Higher Ed's Better-Kept Secrets" in the Fiske Guide to Colleges (2017 edition)
- Ranked by Forbes in the Top 30% of America's Best Colleges, #36 Best of the West
- Named one of Princeton Review's Best Western Colleges
- Washington Monthly’s Best Master’s Universities for the Public Good and Best Bang for the Buck in the West
- Ranked #12 Best of the West by US News and World Report
- One of Money Magazine's Colleges that Add Most Value